Saturday, August 31, 2002

Wedding Anniversary #5-twins and tumors

12:10PM
We are driving to Calgary, on the highway just outside of Ponoka. We got out of town relatively quickly. S and the babies are staying with mom. Her sisters, L and B, are coming to help. R and I are going to the Group of Seven exhibit at the Glenbow museum, going for dinner at Murrietta's and staying tonight at the Palliser. Our friends are meeting us at Murrietta's for drinks after dinner. R and I have been talking about where to get pot for nausea if needed later. My stomach hurts a little but not too badly and I am not too tired. I am really looking forward to a fun night and a "trip back in time" to when we were first together (and childless). S gave me an album of hers with pictures of her in it so I wouldn't forget her. I don't have a present for R. I was meaning to look up what a five year gift should be. I feel like I have been a little self absorbed. I thought about upgrading our rings but frankly, anything material seems rather shallow at the moment. The only present I want to give is to be there next anniversary...and on our 30th.

There is a song on the country station. The guy is singing that he wants to live until "he is too old to die young". I don't want to end up this tragic sympathy story. This is going to be a strong and successful fight.

No comments: